Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 5:34:33 AM EDT
Anybody here try out one of the new Nikon M-223 scopes yes...Range report please...
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:31:45 AM EDT
Tag.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:52:16 AM EDT
My son has a 3-9x40 Monarch and I have an older monarch on a old 30-06. I am a big Leopold fan simply because they work , have great glass and have never let me down in over 30 years of hunting. I have bought nothing but leopold since 2000. My boy just purchased a Nikon M223 3-12x42 w/ side focus and the 600 yard BDC. For the money you cant go wrong. I will try to get him to post after his next couple of trips to the back yard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:07:52 AM EDT
Which M223 are you talking about? If you are looking at the low power one, I can't stand the "point blank" reticle or the exposed turrets. If the low power model is what you want, I'd look at the Nikon African. Both, from what I understand, sport Monarch glass and, in just my opinion, a better deal than the Leupolds that they compete with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:53:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TonyAngel:
Which M223 are you talking about? If you are looking at the low power one, I can't stand the "point blank" reticle or the exposed turrets. If the low power model is what you want, I'd look at the Nikon African. Both, from what I understand, sport Monarch glass and, in just my opinion, a better deal than the Leupolds that they compete with.

Good point regarding a lower power AR scope. For my AR carbine I am sporting a Weaver V7 scope..2.5-7 power and no exposed knobs. That is because there is no reason to adjust windage and elevation on an AR carbine since it is a 300 meter center mass weapon. It is mounted in a LaRue LT-104 mount. Works perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 9:21:37 AM EDT
Don't you just love the Weavers? When I was shopping around for small scopes, I got the Weaver V3 as a "just for now" scope. I used that for a couple of weeks and then got a Sightron, which has now been replaced by an ACOG TA33. I am in the process of selling the Sightron, since I don't NEED it, but I'm gonna hang on to the Weaver V3. It was dirt cheap and a great scope. I'm not even gonna qualify that with the often heard "good for the money," it's just a plain old good scope at twice the price. Optically, it's not too far behind the ACOG, but isn't nearly as cool. LOL.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:03:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TonyAngel:
Don't you just love the Weavers? When I was shopping around for small scopes, I got the Weaver V3 as a "just for now" scope. I used that for a couple of weeks and then got a Sightron, which has now been replaced by an ACOG TA33. I am in the process of selling the Sightron, since I don't NEED it, but I'm gonna hang on to the Weaver V3. It was dirt cheap and a great scope. I'm not even gonna qualify that with the often heard "good for the money," it's just a plain old good scope at twice the price. Optically, it's not too far behind the ACOG, but isn't nearly as cool. LOL.

Yes...the Weaver V Series are fantastic scopes. All made in Japan. I looked thru lots of scopes in a shop one time and the glass on them is real good.
Top Top