Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 6:43:08 AM EDT
I'm interested in a night vison scope for my M4gery and would like suggestions for a unit that is:
1. flat-top mountable
2.  compact
3.  co-witnessable with my Aimpoint
4.  affordable (under $1,000 bucks?)

I'd just use it for plinking and range work, so I don't need the latest technology.  I would prefer it to  be compact and look relatively milspec-ish (I'm picturing the ITT AN/PVS 14 in my head, but obviously not its price tag).  

Thanks for any help/advice here.

Will
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You may want to hit up IPSC_GUY.    He is assembling units with new housings with used tubes that run around $2k.    I know that is twice what you wanted to pay, but still quite a bit less that the 3500 other places want.   Im sending out my money for one at the end of the week.

His email is [email protected].
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks K-M, but that's probably too steep for the sort of plinking I'd like to do.  

I'm pretty sure I've seen some compact units that looked somewhat like the AN/PVS 14 on the EE in the last year or so for under $1000--maybe they weren't made by top-tier makers, or were earlier technology?  

Will

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
It's going to be difficult to find what you want for 1k, even in Gen 2.  Good luck though.  Save your money and get a good, quality unit.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's going to be difficult to find what you want for 1k, even in Gen 2.  Good luck though.  Save your money and get a good, quality unit.

If your really stuck on keeping it under a grand then take a look at these

www.nightquest.com/nightvision_scopes.htm

Take a look about half way down the page at the NVPS 10 in gen 2. That might meet you requirments. But I will tell you this if you do go that route. NEVER look throug a gen 3 unit as yours will never be the same again.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you can find your needed answers there:

www.nightvisiononline.com/index.htm

Lots of nightvision experts over there.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I'll do some more homework here--I don't want to skimp and get a unit I'm unhappy with.

Will
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#7]
PVS4
sells from $900 to $1400
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks M4SS109.  My issue with the PVS4 is that it's almost 10 inches long and would't really work well with the real estate and/or optics I have available.  Maybe I'll save for one of IPSC-GUYs rebuilds, or look for a deal on a NightQuest 6015 or a D-121 M or a comparable small Gen 2/2+ unit.

Will
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top