Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 4:06:38 PM EST
I want to buy some night sights for my AR-15. I have been studying those made by XS and Trijicon. Here is my problem. I like XS' single plane rear sight better than Trijicon's rear sight. And I like Trijicon's front sight better than XS' front sight. Do you forsee any problems if I install an XS single plane rear sight with a Trijicon front sight? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:37:19 PM EST
Its fine but the same plane rears dont come with tritium.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:36:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By DevL:
Its fine but the same plane rears dont come with tritium.

XS has them listed on their website. I guess that means they are either discontinued and the website needs to be updated, or else they have been recently introduced and you were not aware of it. Thanks DevL. Glad to know my plan to mix them will work, assuming I can get them.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:41:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 7:43:16 PM EST by DevL]
Just saw the same plne with "NEW" listed on the ad on the website. Good to see they are in production now. Why do you prefer the Trijicon unit over the small, square top Ashley front sight?

Edited to add I see they tanked the one that was just like the Trijicon but was closer to the tip of the iron sight and didnt smear like the Trijicon painted area around the tritium and now have a sideways vial square tip.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:16:30 PM EST
I like the Trijicon front sight because it is a 2 piece unit that allows for the same ¼ turn adjustments as my standard A2 sight. Boston T. Party recommends the Trijicon front sight for this reason in his Gun Bible book. Also, the width of the Trijicon front sight post is 0.090" wide which is closest to the width of the standard A2 sights that I could find. Similar post width is helpful because I am learning how to use the front post as a crude way of determining distance to the target based upon how much of the target is covered by my front sight post.
Top Top