Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/6/2006 3:14:28 PM EDT
Where can I find a durable tritium front sight for an AR15? I'm assuming that's the best iron sight solution.

I have an Aimpoint but I'd like to get familiar with an iron sight solution in low/no light shooting.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:39:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By PaintItBlack:
Where can I find a durable tritium front sight for an AR15? I'm assuming that's the best iron sight solution.

I have an Aimpoint but I'd like to get familiar with an iron sight solution in low/no light shooting.

Thanks.

One option.
http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=35&back_row=2&categoryID=7
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:50:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:15:30 AM EDT
XS Sight Systems
I have the 24/7 Tritium Stripe (front post only)on 2 of my AR's. Good Stuff!!!
I like their products so well that I have one sight or another on ALL of my weapons.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:42:08 AM EDT
My night site is an Aimpoint CompML3irons for everything else.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:55:53 AM EDT

Oh wait, you said iron sights, sorry.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:33:57 PM EDT
XS Sight Systems
I have the 24/7 Tritium Stripe (front post only)on 2 of my AR's. Good Stuff!!!
I like their products so well that I have one sight or another on ALL of my weapons.

++1 for XS. Trijicon's are just too small & hard to see. I've put XS fronts and rear ghost rings on several AR's and fronts only on others. Much, much better.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:38:06 PM EDT
I use the Trijicon front sight, but I find the rear unit just about useless. Be aware that the front is a tad wider than a standard one. The Trijicon post is able to move independent of the base, which allows the tritium element/dot to remain faced toward the shooter on each elevation adjustment. Many similar units require you to rotate the unit a full 360 to have the dot orientated back toward the shooter. This makes it difficult to fine-tune your zero, if you just need a click or two of adjustment.
Top Top