Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2003 11:38:23 PM EDT
Which is clearer and brighter? I'd say the NF since it cost 2X as more. I have never seen one. I'd just like to know from owners of both. I might have the Mrs. talked into letting part with some cash and I might be able to swing it. I really want to know what the extra money buys you!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:50:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#2]
where can you get a good price on a night force scope?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
SWFA is the best i have seen on line.  I have seen some demo for sell at a show, but that is only about 50 dollars cheaper then the SWFA price.  

Getting the NSX is on the back burner, since i have seen it, I want one on top of my Remington, since I currently are running the M3 tactical from Leupold, I am not in that much of a hurry for a NSX.  I do have to admit, the NSX is a step above my M3, but like Paul have said, it is heavy. but durable is abother word you can use to describe this scope.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Night Force 3.5 - 15 X 56 on my Remington 700 Sendero .270 and I love it.  I have always had cheep scopes ($100 $200 range) and read an article that put a thought in my mind.  Would you put $50 Wal-Mart tires on your Corvette?

I was pretty happy with the accuracy of my Remington.  When I put the Night Force on I was shooting 1-hole five shot groups and the adjustments were right on.  I made a square by making a shot clicking right 6 clicks shot up 6 shot you get the point and it was right on.  I don't know if that was luck but I'm happy.

The problem that I know have is that I need a good variable power scope for my AR.  (Presently have a Weaver K8 fixed power).
So I have been considering trading the Night Force, but hate to loose it.

If you can get one the get it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Think I would know how to spell cheap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I just wonder what all that extra money gets you. I mean the VariXIII LR appears to be a good scope, it is bright and clear. I really like the range finding recticle of the NF scope. More adjustment are great but does that warrant another $600-$700? I know Leupolds are tuff but how much more do you need? Convince me...
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a deal on my Night Force so money was not that big an issue.  Get what you want.  I know a guy who swears by Leupold and he shoots ALOT.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top