Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2016 11:40:12 PM EDT
Debating between Fail Zero and Spikes. I already have a BCM which has been flawless. From what I read the only real benefit with nickel boron is the ease of cleaning. In terms of quality and trustworthiness how do FZ and Spikes rate compared to BCM? FYI I have no experience with any other brand except for BCM. Hell this is only my second AR i'm working on.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not ashamed to admit I own all 3 you are talking about. I have the NiB spikes in my precision AR, FailZero NiB in my SBR, and Phosphate BCM in my tractor gun. All perform well as expected and I've had zero issues with all of them. NiB is easier to clean and seems to stay slick, longer. However, my phosphate BCM has never let me down and I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them, in any application.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nickel Bullshit
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nickel Bullshit
View Quote

Really?

Download the PDF report on indepenent testing here:

Link to FZ NiB Torture Test

Then support your opinion with facts.  No FZ fanboy here.  My NiB BCG is from WMD Guns, but same principle apply.  FZ and WMD have vast experience for many years with NiB plating.  Most other vendors use unknown companies for the NiB plating.

Nothing wrong with phosphate.  I have phosphate, nitride and NiB BCGs.  All work fine.  But, NiB has some clear benefits if run hard under extreme conditions.  You will note that the tests above were run on a full auto rifle at auto selector position in various conditions including  sand and water in the action compared to Mil spec BCG and run until stoppage.  Results speak for themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top