Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/16/2003 10:04:39 AM EDT
Me: Dear Bushmaster: I have a question about your new product, the Carbon-15 rifle. Specifically the lower receiver... Is this lower receiver capable of accepting a traditional style upper? Example: If I purchased a carbon fiber lower and then purchased the "M4 16in Post Ban Upper Receiver Assembly" part no# PURA2B 16M4, would these two components function together? I want to build a traditional style rifle using your carbon fiber lower, as I dislike the proprietary parts of the new carbon 15 upper. Can the lower accept a metal upper?

Bushmaster, RE ME:

The Carbon 15 receivers manufactured by Bushmaster are interchangeable with AR15 receivers. You would also need the shorter Carbon 15 bolt carrier to work with the shorter buffer system in the Carbon 15 lower receiver. That being the case the 16" M4 A2 receiver assembly PURA2 16M4 would work with the Carbon 15 lower.
Thank you.

So in summation, traditional METAL uppers will work if you use a short carbon 15 bolt carrier.
Schwing!

Since they dont sell them seperatly right now, I guess you could say Mine Broke!!

Ah Well. News for you.
Top Top