Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 10:34:11 AM EDT
I got word from a friend that works for EOTech and he told me that ARES cancelled their booth at the SHOT Show.

For curiosity, I called the SHOT Show people and they confirmed the news.

I wonder what this means for ARES overall future?

wp
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Very interesting....

SteyrAug may want to hang onto his Shrike!!
ETA:  If   he was ever thinking of selling it....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#2]
hummmmm
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#3]
What was there deal anyway?  Were they waiting on ATF approval to sell the shrike system to the public or something?  It's not like there wasn't demand for it....
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What was there deal anyway?  Were they waiting on ATF approval to sell the shrike system to the public or something?  It's not like there wasn't demand for it....

No, I think it was more like, they couldn't get the production version running right.

Hellbound-

How many are out there? Two-three?

I remember that idoit at the SAR show last year yelling out load, "The Shrike is here! The Shrike is here!" Those examples that sold over a year ago are the only ones that were sold, right?

wp
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, and I am , there may be 3-5 in owner's hands??

Least I read that on the internets....

Why in the world someone has not posted recent video of them burning through belts of ammo is beyond me.

I hope they deliver a brazillion of them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why in the world someone has not posted recent video of them burning through belts of ammo is beyond me.

What was their last promised delivery date?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#7]
It wasn't more than a month ago a member of this forum posted pictures of his newly acquired Shrike.  

They do exist
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It wasn't more than a month ago a member of this forum posted pictures of his newly acquired Shrike.  

They do exist

Yep.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420372
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone email bushmaster or RRA to build a belt fed upper converison.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What was their last promised delivery date?

Feb, June, August, December, every year
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder why ARES cancelled their shot show reservations at the last minute?

Are these onr of the following reasons?:

1. They really aren't offering anything new, so they decided to save some money and blow off the show?

2. They do have new product, but can't afford to go to the show?

3. Are they getting sick of people asking them, "where's my Shrike?"

4. Are they getting sick of people asking them, "how can I get my deposit back?"

5. or did their bankruptcy attorney advise them to drop the show?

What's the real story? I know three friend (including myself) that paid the deposit.

wp

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:00:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I wonder why ARES cancelled their shot show reservations at the last minute?

Are these onr of the following reasons?:

1. They really aren't offering anything new, so they decided to save some money and blow off the show?

2. They do have new product, but can't afford to go to the show?

3. Are they getting sick of people asking them, "where's my Shrike?"

4. Are they getting sick of people asking them, "how can I get my deposit back?"

5. or did their bankruptcy attorney advise them to drop the show?

What's the real story? I know three friend (including myself) that paid the deposit.

wp

Hummmm, I am going with number 4 on this

Of course, they could get plastic models of their new gun made up to show at SHOT... unless PLW holds the patent on plastic models of guns?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Gunzilla....you can come and shoot the AIRSOFT guns at Booth 701. I'll be there or just ask and they'll page me. I'll make sure you get some of the LW plastic fantastic action. You need to ID yourself to me so that I can bring the 'good stuff' out from under the counter. Just ask for Simon......

Simon
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Gunzilla....you can come and shoot the AIRSOFT guns at Booth 701. I'll be there or just ask and they'll page me. I'll make sure you get some of the LW plastic fantastic action. You need to ID yourself to me so that I can bring the 'good stuff' out from under the counter. Just ask for Simon......

Simon

What ever made you think that I was talking about Leitner-Wise?

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Swing by anyway.....you can tell me who PLW is........

Myself...I'm shattered that ARES won't be there.

Simon

I really wanted to see the Shrike.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Swing by anyway.....you can tell me who PLW is........

Myself...I'm shattered that ARES won't be there.

Simon

I really wanted to see the Shrike.

Sadly, our Uncle has other plans for me during the show
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't take it anymore.  I'm requesting a refund.  

"Delivery Status: February 6, 2006

Dear Valued Customers:

As depicted in the photograph below, Ares Defense made additional Shrike 5.56™ deliveries in late December 2005. We have been in contact with some of the customers who received them and are following their experiences with the product. The Shrike 5.56™ has evolved nicely over the past couple of years and we are pleased with its performance. Some phases of the production effort have been very challenging with respect to early vendor issues and limited local resources of skilled workers. While we are always making progress, we are still in a phase of Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) and we are taking measures to ramp up this activity.

In an effort to increase our throughput and meet product demand, Ares Defense is reaching outside of its local area for additional employees. Job listings and other business opportunities will soon be listed on the Corporate page of our website.

Due to our significant Shrike 5.56™ backorder and to better serve our current customers, we have chosen not to exhibit at SHOT Show 2006 in Las Vegas. All of our efforts and resources will remain on further production and increased customer service. We look forward to exhibiting our products at SHOT Show 2007 in Orlando, Florida.

There have been several questions relating to ammunition types, buffers, etc. and we are addressing relevant topics with a new section of our website. These documents are called Technical Bulletins and are in PDF format for easy viewing. They are listed on the FAQ’s page of this website.

Please visit our website often for the latest technical bulletins, employment and business opportunities with Ares Defense. Thank you for your continued business."

WTF?  Sounds like BS to me!  

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

<snip>

at SHOT Show 2007 in Orlando, Florida.

<snip>

SWEET! a SHOT Show in my nek of the woods, I'm SO gonna be there
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#21]
How much are they, anyway?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone know how long it takes to get your deposit back?  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:23:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anyone know how long it takes to get your deposit back?  

February, April, June, maybe the 4th quarter, or next year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#24]
They issue refunds with surprising efficiency  From what I hear, they're prompt about THAT.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#25]
ARES home of the shrike and G35 piston systems...the best products never to hit the market here but I hear they are available in fantasy land.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#26]
To hell with belt fed uppers.  Who wants to buy a unicorn?  I'm taking deposits now!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Who wants to buy a unicorn?  I'm taking deposits now!

Where were you last week, I just placed a deposit on a little known thing call Noah's Arc.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Dibs on the Arc of the Covenant!

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:50:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I can't take it anymore.  I'm requesting a refund.  

"Delivery Status: February 6, 2006

Dear Valued Customers:

As depicted in the photograph below, Ares Defense made additional Shrike 5.56™ deliveries in late December 2005. We have been in contact with some of the customers who received them and are following their experiences with the product. The Shrike 5.56™ has evolved nicely over the past couple of years and we are pleased with its performance. Some phases of the production effort have been very challenging with respect to early vendor issues and limited local resources of skilled workers. While we are always making progress, we are still in a phase of Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) and we are taking measures to ramp up this activity.

In an effort to increase our throughput and meet product demand, Ares Defense is reaching outside of its local area for additional employees. Job listings and other business opportunities will soon be listed on the Corporate page of our website.

Due to our significant Shrike 5.56™ backorder and to better serve our current customers, we have chosen not to exhibit at SHOT Show 2006 in Las Vegas. All of our efforts and resources will remain on further production and increased customer service. We look forward to exhibiting our products at SHOT Show 2007 in Orlando, Florida.

There have been several questions relating to ammunition types, buffers, etc. and we are addressing relevant topics with a new section of our website. These documents are called Technical Bulletins and are in PDF format for easy viewing. They are listed on the FAQ’s page of this website.

Please visit our website often for the latest technical bulletins, employment and business opportunities with Ares Defense. Thank you for your continued business."

WTF?  Sounds like BS to me!  

Some phases of the production effort have been very challenging with respect to early vendor issues .........

Translated:  We got a few of these things to sorta work by hand-fitting the parts together but we don't have a clue as to how to mass produce !!  Will somebobody help us PLEASE  ??

Well hell Ares, your plight ain't that bad as neither ArmaLite nor Colt could make the belft fed upper work either.   But then neither of those companies took deposits on vapor product from the public now did they.

ARES, your decision to show (something, maybe) at Rat World next year does show you are coming to grips with your Mickey Mouse products.

5sub
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top