Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2005 1:41:09 AM EDT
Hello!

Ok every body gang up on the newbie right from the get go!hat
Thanks! Not for the beating I am about to receive, but for the info.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm not sure about a used stripped or complete lower, but, I bought 2 brand new stripped Mega lowers recently for $89 (each) shipped.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Stripped about $100, with internals add $40-50.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:50:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, I'm not sure about a used stripped or complete lower, but, I bought 2 brand new stripped Mega lowers recently for $89 (each) shipped.

That sounds like a good deal! Will you reveal your source for this great deal to me please sir? did you only get that price for buying 2, or is that just reg. price? Do they have pistol receivers available? I am Interested!

Some body on another forum was trying to sell me a used stripped MEGA for $120 + shipping.
I thought that may be a bit high. DPMS, NEW don't even cost that!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
www.carricozarmory.com/

Mega Gator

Caliber: MULTI

Model: Gator

Forged Mil-Spec lower receiver

7076 T6 Aluminum forging CNC machined by Mega Machine Shop

$99

(Ask for AR15.com discount)

+1 for Caricoz

(Complete lower and matching upper, happy customer)
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.carricozarmory.com/
www.carricozarmory.com/images/mega.h1.jpg
Mega Gator

Caliber: MULTI

Model: Gator

Forged Mil-Spec lower receiver

7076 T6 Aluminum forging CNC machined by Mega Machine Shop

$99

(Ask for AR15.com discount)

+1 for Caricoz

(Complete lower and matching upper, happy customer)

What is the difference between the "multi-cal" and standard 223/5.56 receivers other than markings?
Do I need to ask for any one specific or not, when I place my order?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe your not a fan of the Stag lowers because of the deer head but Title II has them for $87 shipped.  Carricoz armory has a killer price on Mega flattop uppers too bad they are "out of stock' right now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:07:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the boards!

You will absolutely love the Mega lowers and uppers.  The carbine I built with them is as nice as my Colts and LMTs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That sounds like a good deal! Will you reveal your source for this great deal to me please sir? did you only get that price for buying 2, or is that just reg. price? Do they have pistol receivers available? I am Interested!

Some body on another forum was trying to sell me a used stripped MEGA for $120 + shipping.
I thought that may be a bit high. DPMS, NEW don't even cost that!

I got them from Tactical Solutions in the EE. The site is Here

ETA: No the price was not for buying 2. I just bought 2 because I knew that once I had one evil black rifle the next one wouldn't be far behind it! I wanted to have another lower so I could plan my second build when I'm done with the first.

ETA2: I sent you an IM
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Maybe your not a fan of the Stag lowers because of the deer head but Title II has them for $87 shipped.  Carricoz armory has a killer price on Mega flattop uppers too bad they are "out of stock' right nowhinking.gif.

Un-like most, I like the deer head on the stag and planned on getting one or two or three!
Eagle arms has them for $85 or three for $80, I am pretty sure that is shipped,but don't quote me.
I was only curiouse as to the price of the used mega, which I never heard of anyway,as I thought the price was higher than a new DPMS, give or take a few bucks.

HEY!! Is mega the ones that does the custom logo's? If so I will be getting a mega. Do they have pistol lower receiver's as well? I may know who they are after all, kinda?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

HEY!! Is mega the ones that does the custom logo's? If so I will be getting a mega. Do they have pistol lower receiver's as well? I may know who they are after all, kinda?

I think Superior Arms is the ones that do custom logo's, but Mega might also, I don't know for sure.

Mega's are nice, But I like Stag's, and I just got a Superior, and It looks good, but I haven't built it yet.

Oh, Welcome to the Madness
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:17:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I appreciate all the input, but have ultimately, decided to go with an 80% lower for my pistol build.
Does any one have them besides the TanneryShop?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Mega Machine is about 2mi from my house, was curious, do they sell them straight out of the shop there?

-Rob
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
good luck with that

80%+first AR+AR pistol

I'll be wating for your post hr

I hope to get all the help I need right here, my friend! I am leaning toward a variation of the one with the special ops. pirate logo on the receiver in the pics. thread. That is a he

I am fixing to do a peice on the fal files. A all match #'s, excelent cond., STG-58! It is going to be sweet!hat  have I will keep you posted!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably go with the Gunsmoke Enterprises buffer assembly then. I am not after complex, just a pistol.his Got a pic. of your pistol, or did I miss it in the pics. post?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#18]
We will have to remedy that dilemma some way?hinking.gif Why not? no interest in them or other irons in the fire?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top