Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2009 7:45:33 AM EDT
I am about to build my first AR. I am a lefty, and although I have always had standard rifles, the idea of a L/H version intrigues me.

I have been doing research on the L/H rifles and have not been able to find a definitive answer on the actual differences between the standard and L/H Bolts and Barrels.

Does anyone have pictures of the two versions?

Would it just be simpler to buy a complete Stag upper, and not have to worry about these issues.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 7:49:34 AM EDT
You need a left hand bolt carrier group, upper, and a barrel with an ambi extension.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 2:53:31 PM EDT
I realize that these parts are needed! I am trying to find out what the actual difference is in the L/H parts.

I have found vendors for the L/H Bolt. I assume that the extractor is reversed to throw the casing to the left, but I haven't found anyone listing a barrel with an Ambi Extension.

I am just trying to understand what the L/H Barrel Extension looks like, so if I see one, I will know what it is!
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 6:27:54 PM EDT
sent you an IM
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 9:55:41 AM EDT
Any luck on finding barrels with an ambi extension?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:56:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2009 9:18:24 AM EDT by boljr01]
Some makers, Noveske comes to mind, will install an ambi extension upon request when ordering.

ETA: Wondering if any machinists/smiths could comment on the viability of making ambi cuts to an existing barrel/extension to enable left hand use?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:13:06 PM EDT
Top Top