Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 6:50:16 PM EDT
Hello, I have an Armalite A2 upper that I'm trying to find out about.
It has absolutely no markings on the barrel or under the handguards; The barrel looks kind of coke bottle shaped underneath them.
I guess I'd like to know if it is a heavy barrel or just a regular one;  also, are these Armalites rated for both .223 & 5.56.
Pardon me if I sound stupid, but I've got to start somewhere!   Thanks........

I would post a picture if I could figure out how to do it!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a goverment profile, I think most armalites are 5.56
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  It tapers down just under the handguard then flares out to the original thickness just before the reciever.
Is that a desireable barrel? or should I be looking forward to Santa this year?
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Armalite barrels are g2g, damn accurate too.  My go to carbine has an Armalite upper.  As another note, the forge mark on the side of the reciever should be marked AR with what looks like crosshairs, but I don't know for certain if the A2's ar marked this way, just flat-tops.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top