Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:02:26 PM EDT
I am new to the board and to the world of AR-15's also.  I always wanted an AR, but did not get one until recently.  I bought a Bushmaster 16" M4 carbine.  I can't wait to get started upgrading it, but I'm kind of picky so I'm doing research on all the stuff I want before I drain the checking account again.  That's how I ran into this site.  You guys have a ton of useful info on here and I appreciate it!  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome

read whatever you can especially the tacked threads and use the search function. great choice on your first btw.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, reading all the good stuff on here was how I decided on the Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome!

(from one Bushmaster owner to another)
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the first thing you need is an EOThingie. Then you have to get a railed foreend. Might as well make it a free floater. And dont forget the vertical grip. Course, you cant beat a weapons light so pick up Surefire too while your at it. And things break, so better get some back up iron sights. And that stock pistol grip *has* to go. Course, thats not much good for varmint work so you'll also want to build another varmint upper. But trust me, it gets old swapping uppers so might as well build another lower too..........

It'll happen, you just wait and see.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well the first thing you need is an EOThingie. Then you have to get a railed foreend. Might as well make it a free floater. And dont forget the vertical grip. Course, you cant beat a weapons light so pick up Surefire too while your at it. And things break, so better get some back up iron sights. And that stock pistol grip *has* to go. Course, thats not much good for varmint work so you'll also want to build another varmint upper. But trust me, it gets old swapping uppers so might as well build another lower too..........

It'll happen, you just wait and see. hr

Well, I am already looking for a good railed foreend, light, vertical grip, and pistol grip. Any suggestions?  As far as the foreend goes, if I buy a free floater, how hard are they to change and do I need to buy the special tool to take the delta ring off?  The eotech will have to wait, at least until the wife says I don't have to sleep on the couch anymore for buying yet ANOTHER firearm!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a bushmaster....

Welcome
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome aboard, get a crap load of ammo and good magazines before anything else.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard, get a crap load of ammo and good magazines before anything else.

LOL, sounds like a good plan!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Welcome.

A few things I have learned here:

ammo oracle

daily price list

once you have acquired too much stuff, "lose" it all in a boating accident and tell that to the feds

when in doubt, buy both

ibtl
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]
welcome. for the FF be sure to look at DD or larue. magpul MIAD for the grip and tangodown for the VFG. my .02cents
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top