Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:32:42 PM EDT
I am about to finish my first build and its time to look at optics.  I have read some reviews on this optic and things sound pretty good for someone on a budget.  I have learned so much form this site I thought I would ask to see if anyone here has any experience with one.  
thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I put one on my Cavalry Arms MKII with the Olympic .45 upper.  AKA Cav/Oly .45 ACP.

It works just fine.  No complaints here whatsoever.  Its supposed to be good enough for .458 SOCOM recoil.  My .45 won't reach those levels, but it probably does jerk quite a bit more than a .223, since it is blowback.

I have a .50 Beowulf, and I can tell you that it destroyed a name brand red dot sight quickly, (replaced under warranty).  

I have shaken some mid tier red dot sights to pieces, also, though I was always able to re-tighten them and get them back into service.

I think the Lucid HD7 is one of the better bargains out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have a Lucid HD7, and so far am quite a big fan of this optic.  There are a handful of good reviews online, and I would second their recommendations 100%.  Not only is it a very good optic, but Jason (the owner) is very easy to deal with, and a great guy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Look on YouTube and you will see some great reviews on the Lucid.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the HD7 on my .458 SOCOM. I think it's great for the price I paid. It's seen several hundred very warm handloads and has not missed a beat.  It's a little tall, about 3"s but works for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the input.  Ordering today.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top