Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/13/2002 6:46:34 AM EDT
After mulling this over for quite a while,I've finally decided to buy a .223 Oly and have decided to get a 9mm upper to go with it.

I need help deciding on the configuration on the .223 upper setup regarding sights.

I plan on using this mostly for plinking ranges out to 150 yards so the 16" barrel makes sense. I'm thinking about putting a red dot on it and want to be able to switch to a regular scope when I want, so I'm thinking a A3 mount, but not sure. Would appreciate suggestions which barrel type, upper receiver type and if the std. trigger is good enough for what I'd like to do.

On the 9mm upper, since the effective range is under 100 yards, I think the red dot will be fine. Does Oly have a flattop 9mm upper without a front sight?

Lastly I'm trying to keep the price down on this to say the $1000-1100 range--is this realistic.
Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 11:06:16 AM EDT
Would appreciate suggestions which barrel type, upper receiver type and if the std. trigger is good enough for what I'd like to do
View Quote
I suggest the standard flattop upper and M4 barrel. [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=74&t=149423&w=searchPop]Click here for info on a home trigger job[/url]
Does Oly have a flattop 9mm upper without a front sight?
View Quote
Oly has weaver type gas blocks that they can install in place of the front sight post. You may want to consider one for your .223 upper too.
Lastly I'm trying to keep the price down on this to say the $1000-1100 range--is this realistic.
View Quote
A complete A3 M4 rifle and a 9mm upper can be had for your price range, but you will have to shop around.
Top Top