Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:30:50 AM EDT
I'm new to ARs and am thinking of getting a light for my new M4A3 BM.  There seems to be so many options...I was hoping you guys could narrow down the choices for me.

I have this carbine: http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/bcwa3f16m4.asp

What are my options as far as mounting a light without putting on a vertical foregrip?  How does adding a vertical foregrip affect function?

As far as other accessories...right now I'm thinking of adding only an Aimpoint or some other kind of red dot.  It's all up in the air right now.

I'm primarily looking for something that works out to 200 yards.

I would appreciate particular brand/model suggestions.

Thanks!

P.S. - Actually, I wouldn't mind other recommendations as far as other configurations besides the light/red dot, etc. for distances < 200 yards.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#2]
C4,

Thanks for the info.  I'm pretty sure I do not want a VG...thus I guess that leaves a rail that can screw into my HGs.

I guess my budget is pretty flexible.  I want a good, tested setup and would be willing to spend money for the higher quality stuff.  Better to just buy it once and get it done and over with.  From what I've read here, Surefire seems like a good bet.  Will probably go with the Aimpoint  M2.

Any other options you can think of for < 200 yards or specific model suggestions?

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for the confusion, I appreciate everyone's help.  I'm looking for an optic that does well out to 200 yards.  I was just wondering if there were any common/popular red dot/light combinations.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top