Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:32:19 PM EDT
I have a DPMS ar-15 with the 6 inch supressor/brake on it.  I want to attatch a different supressor and am having one heck of a time getting this one removed.  I have head that it is meant to be permanently atatched, but nothing is permanent and there is a little play from the barrell so I know it's not welded on.  Do you guys have any insight as to how I can remove it.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If you take take that off you will go to jail,unless you pay for the tax stamp for a barrel that is shorter than 16 inches you had better leave that on there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
yup, short of a permnently attached real or fake "can", or the muzzle device already attached, removing it is a bad idea. Don't like it? Get a new barrel.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on replacing it with a can thus making it of legal length
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Get an upper receiver vise block set.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:25:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Get an upper receiver vise block set.

And a blow torch....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:54:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure if you have seen this yet, but take a look. it my help you some. It shows the receiver block mentioned above and gives lots of other good advice.

Good Luck,

Gene
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a DPMS ar-15 with the 6 inch supressor/brake on it.  I want to attatch a different supressor and am having one heck of a time getting this one removed.  I have head that it is meant to be permanently atatched, but nothing is permanent and there is a little play from the barrell so I know it's not welded on.  Do you guys have any insight as to how I can remove it.  

Assuming you are speaking of an upper that resembles this one here: www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=BA-A2AS-CAR

Note: this FS is supposed to be "pinned" and welded on.

IF the weld has come "loose" that's one thing, but I suspect it is still "pinned". Refer to the link above from the BIY forum for removal.

Mike

ps - posting this information such as this to a public firearms forum, (which is quite often frequented by the "alphabet" boys) is not all that bright as your talking about a potential Federal crime with penalties of 10 years in jail & 10K fine, for un-licensed SBR.

SS & S is the best policy where these issues are concerned.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top