Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2002 9:43:53 AM EDT
I'm in the Army now and love my M4.  I would like to own a legal version myself.  I priced all the parts needed to build an M4 look-alike and the price was 50 bucks cheaper than a complete rifle.  I thought building it myself would help me to save a couple hundred  (I was checking out Fulton Armory).  I browsed just about every site mentioned in the forums here and still prices are pretty much the same.  How can I build a AR15 and keep it reasonably priced???

I'm willing to pay a little extra for quality but I would like to keep the tab low....please help.....

Thanks for any replies in advance
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
A Bushmaster XM15 E2, I believe, is $990 here in Huntsville, AL and FFL use is $50.00. Now lets see what we have to beat this:

Stripped lower (FA)     $149.00
(this is your price, dealer price Cheaper, call it even)
Shipping                $ 10.00
J&T Dist. Kit           $434.00
(this is one of there cheaper kits and contains everything but the receiver)
Shipping                $ 25.00
Magazine                $ 20.00
TOTAL                   $638.00

This is a $350 savings for me plus I can purchase the parts as money becomes available. More knowledgeable people, I've only been researching this for 3 days, may be able to help some more. The abve are only estimates but should not be off too far.  

Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
check out the Equiptmen Exchange;you can find Rock River lower recievers(excellent!) for under a $100/shipped from RBPrecision,or Pete-n-NH.
By building,you don't pay the "rifle tax".And you'll have a custom rig
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top