Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:38:11 AM EDT
Just got my first ar, looking to get a single point sling... Cany someone verify these links and make sure this is all I need for a complete setup... thanks guys

http://www.jtrusty.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=56  ( this is CAR burnsed loop)

http://www.jtrusty.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=48  (this is the sling itself)

http://www.jtrusty.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=50  (this is the snap hook)

Personally i like the way the snap hook looks...Do I need this reguardless or is this just an extra option? If someone could explain to me exactly what I need and such I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Oh ya, I have a RRA Entry Tactical w/ the collapsible stock...
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:55:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the RRA Entry Tactical as well.  I have the sling you are looking at.  I also have the Burnsed Loop attachment.  From what I have gathered, you will not want to use the snap hook attachment with the Burnsed Loop.  It may fit, but it can bind up since the Burnsed Loop is designed for flat webbing.  My sling came with the attachment for the Burnsed Loop (just a loop of flat webbing).  I did not need to order a separate attachment.  I would highly recommend getting the RRA stock wrench as well.  It fits perfect and made the job quite easy.  I just made sure that the weapon was held secure (my wife pressing down against the kitchen table with the weapon lying on its' side and with the castle nut hanging over the edge).  Next I held the wrench head flat against the castle nut with one hand (to make sure it did not pop out of the notches) and used a rubber mallet to give it a couple of solid whacks to the wrench handle in the counter clockwise direction.  It broke free with only a couple of whacks and I did not scratch or mar anything!  If you do not hold the head of the wrench flat and firm in the notches you will probably damage something when/if it pops out.  he
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:33:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Jason's SPRE mount will be available in the near future.  It is his version of the burnsed loop sized just for his sling "accessory stub".  This would be much better than the snaphook.  The DD burnsed loop is also a very nice product, just use his accessory stub.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I got it figured out. I talked to jason about and I ordered my sling... Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top