Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 4:57:12 PM EDT
First of all let me preface this by saying this is my first AR (but hopefully not my last).

I purchased a 20" varmint kit from m-aparts.com which arrived today. have
Anyway, I'm just wondering if this is something that would be easily fixed myself (with some instruction), or if I should contact M&A next week and see about an exchange.

Any assitance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike W.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these the holes for the sling mount? Does the tube have an adjustment ring?

Gene
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Need more info.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I am referring to the holes for the sling, and if I'm looking at this right, there is an adjustment ring, and I'm betting I can just loosen that, adjust the position, and retighten it.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
YES.  I did my first one a few weeks ago and it took a few trys to get it all straight. I just ran the adjustment sleeve down all the way, then ran the tube all the way down and then backed the tube off and the adjustment sleeve until I could line the slings holes up at the bottom. Loosen and tighten, loosen and tighten till it's right.

Good luck.

Gene

edit to add:  Welcome to the board and don't forget to post a pic when you are done.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, and I'll try to post a pic as soon as I get it all built up.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top