Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2003 6:57:00 AM EDT
Entry tactical--chrome barrel, A2 stock. Now  follow up questions for the essentials after I get the weapon:

Best lube (internal)?

Best Bore cleaning Device (other than GI cleaning kit)?

Source for USGI mags and a fair price?

Preferred blasting ammo?

Barrel break procedure on a chrome barrel?

Best tactical sling?

Preferred flip up rear sights tpwork with a red dot?

Finally, until a get enough scratch to get the Eotech, I 'll have to make do with a cheap BSA. It's looks a bit low relative to the front sight; any suggestions for a cheap riser to raise it a 1/2" or so?

thanks for all the suggestions--you've been a great help.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Best lube (internal)?
View Quote

CLP

Best Bore cleaning Device (other than GI cleaning kit)?
View Quote

See GPSSs rods and Ray-Vin bore guides, Sweets 7.62 for bore cleaner, Walmart's SuperTech 2000 carb-cleaner for rinsing and CLP for lube.

Source for USGI mags and a fair price?
View Quote

See the EE or english mags sold by [url]www.ammoman.com[/url]

Preferred blasting ammo?
View Quote

See here: [url]www.ammo-oracle.com[/url], I like the Q3131A, but buy what shoots best in your rifle.

Barrel break procedure on a chrome barrel?
View Quote

Shoot 10 rounds, clean throughly, shoot 20-30 rounds, clean throughly, after this clean after shooting session. This is all that's needed for chrome bores, IMO.

Best tactical sling?
View Quote

Sling are personal items, pick one based on what YOU like in a sling.

Preferred flip up rear sights tpwork with a red dot?
View Quote

ARMS #40

Finally, until a get enough scratch to get the Eotech, I 'll have to make do with a cheap BSA. It's looks a bit low relative to the front sight; any suggestions for a cheap riser to raise it a 1/2" or so?
View Quote

Tapco or CTD, sells these items cheap.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool good choice ! Now you need a 24"er to go with it and a Dissipator and a ect ect!   [bounce]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:56:09 AM EDT
[#3]
...and after the M16 disease progresses, you will, eventually HAVE to get a Kitty-Kat®.  
[img]http://www.z06vette.com/gallery/data/500/135klaw.jpg[/img]
This will be so much fun to shoot that you will not mind that M16D has you totally helpless to resist.
-TriggerFish
-National Director of the M16D Telathon - April 1, 2004 on FOX.  Check your local listings.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top