Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/4/2009 3:50:02 PM EST
hey yall

i bought a s&w 15-22 in september, and loved and had to buy a "real" ar15. last week i picked up my DPMS carbine with 11.5 barrel and 5 inch flash suppressor. it has a A2 upper reciever and A2 front sights, and a standard round handguard/float tube.

i would like to switch out the A2 upper to a Flattop Upper, the A2 front sight to a gas block either smooth or with rails, and the standard handguard to a 4 rail

my question is what tools will i need to do this and how do i swap out the upper reciever and gas block???


Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:10:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 4:10:31 PM EST by MHarvey124]
The DIY forum is a good place to start. Read the stickies on how to build an AR.

Also another good resource is Brownell's videos. You can buy all the tools you would ever need there too.
Top Top