Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 2:51:52 PM EDT
Been on this site for a long time learning all kinds of great stuff, its been a great resource. I have a Bushmaster V Match and wanted to change the tube for a Daniel Defense rail. There is not a front sight post.  So is major dissasembly inevitable or is it easy? Again I am new at this and really appreciate your time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Pay to have it done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
very easy knock out the two pins that hold the front sight on and pull it off and unscrew the hand guard, put the new one on in reverse order just line up the gasstube hole on the hand guard
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I may be retarded but what side do the pins come out?  They look to be same size on both sides. Thanks again..
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have a dpms FF tube currently on your rifle you may have difficulty getting it off. They use loc-tite so if you use a torch and heat the threads a bit you can break them loose with a strap wrench.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
height=8
Quoted:
I may be retarded but what side do the pins come out?  They look to be same size on both sides. Thanks again..

The FSB tapper pins remove from left to right.  Install right to left.

If there are no pins, it's lock-tited on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top