Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/3/2003 10:56:54 PM EDT
Sorry for the newbie question. I am trying to sight in my SPR with the ARMS #40 iron and the old PRI front sight.

With the PRI rail locked in, I no longer can put the A2 rear sight on the flat top to setup the front sight height. So what is the proper way to sight in the BUIS with the standard 25m zero target ? I presume is to set up the front elevation at 25m and lower to certain clicks for 600m ?

As a side note, what is the elevation per click for the PRI front sight and what is the windage per click for the ARMS #40 BUIS ?

Any insight will be deeply appreciated.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not as technical as far as all the adjustment, but a back up sight is just that, I sight it in for 50 yards IBZ and call it a day.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#2]
With that setup, I really do not think your foe will get able that get that close anyway.

What mount are you using to attach the bipod?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep just zero at 50 yards and call it good.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I just thought there is some neat tricks to sight it at 25m and down click it to make it work to 300m like the standard a2 zero.

Quoted:
What mount are you using to attach the bipod?
View Quote

It is just a standard versa-pod with rail adapter mount.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting setup.

Where did you find the original PRI "knob-style" front sight?

Is this front sight with 4 opposite screws or 2 long screws?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I got it from MSTN Wes when the kit first came out. I never got a chance to put them together until recently. CLE put them together for me. The front sight is locked by a hex screw at the bottom.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 1:10:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys,
I emailed PRI with the same question and Dave Dunlap replied with the following trick.

Pop the scope out and put in a red dot sight. Sight the red dot and align the BUIS with the red dot. Quick and neat.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
How is that easier than just removing the scope and zeroing the irons?

With the 'red dot' method first you have to have a red dot.

1) Then you need to zero the red dot (live fire).

2) Then you need to adjust the irons to the red-dot

3) Then you need to life fire to confirm/fine tune the irons.

Why not skip steps 1 & 2 and go right to #3?  BTW the 25M zero has been pretty much trashed as pi$$-poor.  Go with the 50 yard zero - you will be happier.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Forest,
I would totally agree if the second part of my question is known (i.e. the MOA per click on the front elevation and back windage is known). Since they are not but the red dot clicks are, I still think its easier to first sight with red dots (3/5 shoots, note offsets and adjust click) and match the BUIS with the red dots. Sorry, simple minded newbie thinking.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top