Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 3:54:09 PM EDT
Hiya All..

New member, thought I might introduce myself, and I also have a simple (I hope) question.

A buddy of mine picked up a BM A3 20" about a month ago, and I made the mistake of firing about  20 rounds out of it.
Then made the even bigger mistake of browsing through this site. his
It worked. her
I've got a BM Varminter Special on the way as it was the closest to how I has picturing my complete homebuilt. I was picturing a 20" barell, but I can live with the 24.

This leads to my question.
I'm not sure of the proper scope mount that I need.

The Varminter Special has the "B.M.A.S. Scope Risers", but I was unable to find the specifics of these in their online catalog. Do I just need the Aluminum Scope Rings to attach a scope?

My FFL recommended the Bushnell Elite  3200 32-1040M as a decent starter scope
(I'm pretty strapped for cash - almost went with a Standard A-3 to avoid the x-tra immediate scope cost).
Any oppinions on this as a $170 "cheapo"?

I have a 90 yard Range near my home, and my FFL said he take me out any time where he goes (My Wifes best friends Husband), which is up to 500 yards.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
This leads to my question.
I'm not sure of the proper scope mount that I need.

Do I just need the Aluminum Scope Rings to attach a scope?

You probably won't need the risers if you get the high rings.  I have a set of them and they are just sitting in my spare parts box.  I would recommend the Armalite one piece mount, as it positions most scopes far enough forward for proper eye relief.

The Larue mount also shares this characteristic.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Omar
The armalite isn't way out of my budget.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I just purchased a Varminter and ended up using the riser blocks that came with it. I then bought Leupold QRW medium rings that I installed a Nikon UCC Monarch 6.5-20x44 scope on. It has been a pretty good combination and have enjoyed it thus far. However, if you aren't going to use the risers and want to mount straight to the flat-top, go with the high rings like the previous fellow mentioned.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top