Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/16/2004 7:44:40 AM EST
I'll begin by apologizing for being a newbie. I have just ordered one of the Rock River US Goverment marked complete lowers, and now I am shopping for an upper. Could someone answer a few questions for me?

(1) I know that I want a flattop, with a detachable carry handle. Does that mean I want an A-4 upper?

(2) What are the differences between a TASC upper, a Tactical CAR upper, and a Elite Tactical upper?

(3) If I buy a complete upper, are there any other parts I will need to assemble?

(4) What are the advantages of a free float tube, and the advantages of a stainless barrel?

Once again, I apologize for the basic questions. I had no problem picking a lower after I heard that the DEA & FBI went with RRA, but all these upper configurations are making my head spin!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:22:55 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:22:20 AM EST
Well said Bookhound!

Just hang out, you will find that you can do a lot with the lower by adding different uppers.

I have been buying my lowers two at a time, as I get money and deals.

Good luck in your new sickness.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:17:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:07:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By cgrairden:
I'll begin by apologizing for being a newbie. I have just ordered one of the Rock River US Goverment marked complete lowers, and now I am shopping for an upper. Could someone answer a few questions for me?

Where did you buy your lower? I'm looking to do the same thing.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:35:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2004 10:46:40 PM EST by cgrairden]
Awesome post bookhound. I really just wanted the handle for looks while I am saving for the red dot. Do you know how much the Aimpoint is going to run me? Also, if I get the flip up BUIS, do I then need the weaver gas block? If I plan on the railed handgaurd, do I have to get a free floating barrel?

Again, thanks for your post.

I bought my lower here http://www.ar15sales.com/rra2.htm
I was told I got in on the last of this batch, and the new batch is 8 weeks off.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:11:07 AM EST
Top Top