Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/7/2003 1:51:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2003 2:27:54 PM EDT by Halfcocked]
OK, just a newbie to the optics forum.

I have an AR10 with a Lilja, 3 groove, 27" stainless heavey barrel that I mounted in a flat top upper. To me (anyway) this is my ultimato semi .308 rifle and I want to get some some optics that will let me take advantage of it's capabilities (I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I don't mean MPH).

I kind of have a thing for something that might be NV capable even though center fire varminting in the dark in MI is not permitted. Just one of those "Just to have" things.

When lojic prevails I'm leening towards Night Force and or an ACOG or ELCAN too.

That's just it, I seem to be all over hell on what I want but probably ain't going to sink more than $2k into the glass.

What's your recommendations?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:40:01 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Halfcocked: OK, just a newbie to the optics forum. I have an AR10 with a Lilja, 3 groove, 27" stainless heavey barrel that I mounted in a flat top upper. To me (anyway) this is my ultimato semi .308 rifle and I want to get some some optics that will let me take advantage of it's capabilities (I'm rapidly approaching 50 and I don't mean MPH). I kind of have a thing for something that might be NV capable even though center fire varminting in the dark in MI is not permitted. Just one of those "Just to have" things. When lojic prevails I'm leening towards Night Force and or an ACOG or ELCAN too. That's just it, I seem to be all over hell on what I want but probably ain't going to sink more than $2k into the glass. What's your recommendations?
View Quote
ACOG and ELCAN are not for this gun, IMHO. But that's just my opinion. As far as the Nightforce, I've never been a major proponent of the illuminated reticle but this is only because I prefer to shoot during business hours, LOL. But, if your are planning some early morning or evening varminting, then it makes some sense. I think Nightforce is an excellent choice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:49:05 PM EDT
Thanks a_s. I shoot high power and still manage an expert classification even at 600 (but wearing glasses especially on hot humid and/or cold days, bugs the hell out of me). I think I could get by with something in the 3-10 power range and under the right conditions, with a little experience, be good to go beyond 600. I'm guess I saying I want a Night Force. I would like NV too. I guess that's another $2k.
Top Top