Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2003 5:37:58 AM EDT
I currently shoot in CMP matches with my CMP M1 Garand which I am a big fan of however I was interested in getting involved with an AR15. The problem is that I am looking for an AR15 that will not cost an arm and a leg for a beginner and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice as to what to get and where. I am not expecting to be an expert but would like to participate at some level.

Thanks in advance for everyones help

John Baker
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Greetings! You have come to the right place.

[beer]

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat as the original poster, although mine will be not be for competition.  I want a 16" carbine without a compensator/brake and am trying to choose among the RR (not quite sure of the model), DPMS (Panther Classic 16)and Bushmaster (A3 carbine).  I also intend to purchase an EOTECH 552 for the rifle and would prefer to mount it so that I still have use of the iron sights.  How do I go about choosing among the various manufacturers?  Thanks.  Russ
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:14:36 AM EDT
[#4]
From my experience I would say spend a little more money and get the Bushmaster or even a Colt. Please e-mail if you wish to talk further.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Wecome, great you could join us.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:33:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I checked out the Adco site, he has a lot of good stuff in one place [b]but[/b] why does he charge $35.80 for the GG&G receiver end plate sling adapter that GG&G sells direct for $27.50, actually GG&G has it on sales in October for $23.38

I wonder if other products are marked up similarly, if so the uninformed consumer could get hosed???
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Armalite has one of the best out-of-the box DCM rifles, However Bushmaster and RRA offer good examples as well. you can get a DCM AR15 at a very large discount since you are CMP qualified, by buying at the CMP e-Store. You must know that, it's at [url]http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Programs/AR15.htm[/url] you can get the $1200 Bushmaster DCM rifle for $875. Myself if I had money, I would get their Compass Lake DCM offerings. That is the Mercedes of DCM rifles, IMHO.

Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for everyones help. I will be back often. Great site!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top