Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2006 6:39:00 PM EDT
Im trying to put together my first ar-15.  I recently orderd a stag arms m4 upper with 16" barrel, and arms 40 rear buis.  Im trying to do this on a budget, did I make the right choice?  Or will trying to save a bit of $$ just give me headache later on.  Im planing on buying a compleate stag a2 lower later on(im in canada so my options are sort of limited).  I guess Im just seeking a little reasurance that I made the right decision, or if I should sell it and get another brand before I use it?  

Im looking for user /firsthand input if possible.  What kind of accuracy expectaions should I have with factory ammo?  

I am also wondering why can't I use the seach feature?

Thanks in advance guys.

John
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag is a very good brand. Its the retail front for CMT, who manufactures parts and  stripped recievers for .mil and others like Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You will not be sorry about your purchase.  They are good quality.

Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had 2 stags and their quality was right up with Bushmaster and RRA.  They make an excellent product for the money I think you'll be pleased.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I can only talk about the lower...I bought a Stag stripped lower and it was very well made, aside from the logo. The finish on the outside held up pretty well, it only scratched a little around the roll pin holes, and that was because I was clumsy and using a steel hammer instead of a brass one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah Stag has a pretty good reputation.  I was unlucky, I got a Stag lower receiver that had the holes drilled incorrectly, but I contacted them and they are sending me a new one.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#6]
lately, some of stag's stuff has had some QC issues--stocks, uppers, etc

h/w, for the most part, they are top notch stuff and i would recommend em

CS is also great
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top