Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:34:43 AM EDT
I'm in the proccess of colloecting parts for my first build and i have a newb qeustion.  I know I'm going to use a 14.5" barrel with a FH and front and rear flip up sites. I want to get as long of a handguard as possible(just not sure which one yet).  I need to know what length I need before I start shopping.  If possible I would like to cover the entire barrel and only leave the FH exposed.  So I come to all of you to let me know what my options are, and maybe some pics.

I appresiate the help
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Troy 13" TRX Extreme.
Thats what I'm going with on my current build. Im also going with a 14.5 inch barrel. This size troy rail leaves very little barrel exposed on the 14.5".

Edit: A Link to my post a few days ago for some pictures of the said rail on 14.5 barrel.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/558193_14_5_or_16_with_a_13_Troy_TRX_extreme.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Daniel Defense makes a 14" rail.  
LaRue has a 13.2" rail
Troy TRX 13" or Vtac 13" if you only want a top rail to mount to mount a flip up sight with the rest slick.
I am really interested in the Knights Armament 12.5" URX III RAS with the integral folding front sight

Check out some of the site sponsors above (LaRue, Rainier Arms, Bravo Company, SKD, Aimsurplus etc...) and see if they have anything you like.

What is your price range?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I definately Like the style and price of the Troy but now i have 1 more question.  What about using a 15" rail on a 14.5" barrel?  It should work just fine, yes? The FH would still stick out the end just not as much.  And only being a 1/2" covered it only covers the thread base of the FH
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone on the 15" rail on a 14.5" barrell?

Anyone at all?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#5]
May I ask why you want so much rail?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
May I ask why you want so much rail?

Purely for looks.  I certainly don't need that much rail. and i have even considered an MOE but all of them are to short.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 10:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]

here is a 14.5 with 13"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top