Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 8:30:05 PM EDT
Ok,  everyone hates oly lowers but the one I've got has been great.  If the AWB does go Bye Bye I would like to put a new upper on it with a flash sup.  

The upper I have on it now was hand picked to get a snug fit (it's not an oly upper).  If I were to order a bushmaster upper for my lower what are the chances that it would also have a tight fit??  If it doesn't is it bad?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking to build your own upper, or just buy an assembled one?  If I were you, I would buy a new barrel, and stay with the upper that I already had.  Rebarreling is simple, and it doesn't take much in the way of tools.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Just responding to your comment about people not liking Oly lowers.  I think they are great.  Not any worse that Bushy, Armalite, etc.  As long as the lower is forged and not cast, it will be fine.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You could have your existing barrel threaded for a FS.  You could also send your upper to Bushy for them to do a barrel swap if you don't feel comfortable swapping it yourself.  As long as you buy the itme you want installed from Bushmaster, they will install it and do any necessary smithing for free.

BTW, I also think Olympic lowers are pretty good these days.  They have come a long way in the past three or four years.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top