Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 4:54:58 AM EDT
I am trying to decide between a RRA, Chip McCormick, and LMT? Any input on these or others?

thanks, Chris
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:39:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Being as how you didn't mention it, I assume you do not care about cost?
I have Jewell and RRA triggers.
I love my Jewell!
But for the money the RRA NM is tough to beat. I put one in every one of my new AR's.
Legal Transfers has them pretty cheap.
On the other hand I have been hearing alot about the Geiseilles(???) so I think I will have to try one of those also.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Accuracy Speaks is hard to beat for single stage finger feed!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Jard triggers are excellent as well if installed properly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA and LMT... Same triggers at different prices...

Another nice trigger is the Geissele high speed trigger... A bit pricey though, but worth it...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:49:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
RRA and LMT... Same triggers at different prices...

Another nice trigger is the Geissele high speed trigger... A bit pricey though, but worth it...

RRA and LMT are NOT the same trigger.
They are the same design, but not the same implementation.
Chase down Adco's write-up on 2 stage triggers.
Steve talks about the difference in disconnector pin sizes and how he upgrades the RRA.

I know of many RRA's in service and NOT one has ever had a problem with disconnect pins... That pin change doesn't make a damn bit of difference other than added reliability... The fact of the matter is that both triggers are actually Armalite copies... RRA and LMT have the same geometry and the LMT being the closest copy of the Armalite (the only feature that separates the two is the Amalite has the trigger/hammer sear contact points as where the LMT doesn't)... The only thing that would make the two act differently is if one would be tuned then polished... Beefing up the parts on a RRA trigger IMO is NOT necessary...

And to add, I believe you are a bit confused... The trigger you are referring to that has the beefed up parts is ADCO's modified RRA NOT an LMT... The LMT 2 stage trigger is almost identical to the RRA 2 stage trigger, the only thing that's different is the disconnects timing setup... One has the front stop (Identical to the Armalite 2 stage trigger) and the other a back stop...

Quoted:
This is a standard RRA NM 2-Stage trigger, with the weak link replaced. I removed the standard peened in place disconnector pin with a press fit hardened tool steel pin, that can not fall out.
I did not alter any contact points, or smooth anything out, as that can weaken the metal by removing the case hardening.
Each trigger is test fit, for sear engagement, weight and disconnector contact. Hammers and disconnectors are also tested for hardness before being reassembled and shipped.
All original factory springs remain in the trigger. This is strictly a reliability improvement.

Here's the LMT trigger set up, If you could, please point out what makes it different compared to the RRA...

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Jard triggers are excellent as well if installed properly.

+1

The non-adjustable JARD is a good single stage trigger, without the installation issues.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know of many RRA's in service and NOT one has ever had a problem with disconnect pins... That pin change doesn't make a damn bit of difference other than added reliability... The fact of the matter is that both triggers are actually Armalite copies... RRA and LMT have the same geometry and the LMT being the closest copy of the Armalite... The only thing that would make the two act differently is if one would be tuned then polished... Beefing up the parts on a RRA trigger IMO is NOT necessary...

And to add, I believe you are a bit confused... The LMT 2 stage trigger is almost identical to the RRA 2 stage trigger, the only thing that's different is the disconnects timing setup... One has the front stop (Identical to the Armalite 2 stage trigger) and the other a back stop... The trigger you are referring to that has the beefed up parts is ADCO's modified RRA NOT an LMT...

Here's the LMT trigger set up, If you could, please point out what makes it different compared to the RRA...

globaltactical.com/_img.upload/LMT%202%20STAGE%20MATCH%20TRIGGER.jpg

Below is the RRA trigger.
I already said that the design is similar, but the implementation is different.
I believe that you were telling me that the triggers are EXACTLY the same.
The difference is in the disconnector stop as you have noted.
I agree that Adco's upgrades are not necessary, but the pin sizes are different as well, LMT's being larger in diameter to start.

img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-4/18550/IM000198eb.JPG

You made 2 edits while I was posting, so my response seems out of place because you have already corrected yourself about disconnector differences I began to reply to your post...

Yes I did... Just thought I would give more details to educate those that might want to learn a little about where the RRA 2 stage originated from...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I agree that Adco's upgrades are not necessary, but the pin sizes are different as well, LMT's being larger in diameter to start.
quote]

Are you comparing the RRA to the LMT disconnect pins size? If that's the case then I almost want to disagree... Well, actually I cant say they are definitly the same with out knocking them out and measuring them, but from just eyeballing them, Id have to say they are damn near the same size...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:51:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:56:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#14]
tag
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:02:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have not assembled a RRA 2 stage trigger in a lower yet, so maybe you can tell me if the disconnector has enough travel to let the hammer past the disconnector without the hammer being pulled forward.
This IS a problem with the LMT I own and there is a topic where others report the same problem.
I have half a dozen RRA LPK's with the 2 stage triggers in stock, I just need to tear down a lower and put one in to try and see.
I believe that they have the extra disconnector travel and that's probably why they re-designed it compared to an Armalite or LMT.

Ive never experienced trigger slap using the RRA so I would have to say it has enough room...
Ive never used the LMT, at least not yet, its been sitting in my parts box for many months now, so I cant comment on that one...

ETA: If I can remember correctly, trigger slap was one of the reasons why I scrapped my Armalite???  
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Damn, Steve beat me to it...

Steve-

I thought your 2 stage topic was stickied, what happened?
Seems like someone cleared out a lot of the stickied topics...

Here is the link to the topic:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=258698

Thanks for the link... I had missed that write up...

Those Geissele triggers sure are sweet!

ETA: Thanks for the pics Steve... I just noticed you had joined the topic...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top