Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 6:35:29 AM EDT
For Christmas I got a Rock River 2 stage NM trigger.  I asked for this because I was at the range one day and tried a fellow shooters RR trigger and loved it.  His trigger was light and the second stage was also very light with a very clean break.  Last night I installed my new trigger and it is completely different.  My fist stage is heavy and the second stage is almost as heavy has the factory trigger.  Did he modify his trigger in some way or do I need to buy a different spring kit?  It is very disappointing to get a $120 trigger that is almost identical to the factory trigger.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jason
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
When I got one of the RRA 2 stage trigger it came with a new trigger and hammer pin. These pins were larger in diamater than the originals. I put the smaller original pins back in the gun. If you used the new pins maybe they are giving you a heavy pull. Take em out and polish them up a bit. May or may not help. I don't know enough about the trigger group to make any other suggestions to ya. Good luck, I like my RRA trigger by the way.

Shabo
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you follow the instructions that came with the trigger?  If I remember right, you need to dry fire about 20 times, cycling the hammer back to break it in a bit.  I've heard other members saying that it lightened up a bit after a hundred rounds or so.  Did you double check the springs and make sure they are in the right way?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I did everything just like the directions said and it all went together without any problems.  I did dry fire it a several times.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Try running it dry.  I found that my RRA trigger was much smoother without any lubricant on it - I had tried some tetra lube, and it made the trigger feel all gritty.  

My RRA trigger was tuned by John Holliger.  It's possible that your friend's was as well.  If you want, you could send him your trigger and he'll tune it up for you, and you'll have what a lot of highpower shooters think is the best value in a two-stage trigger.

[url=www.whiteoakprecision.com]John Holliger[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:59:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Tigerfan,
Do what eswanson said, send it to John Holliger, he's getting $25 or $30 to tune up that trigger, it's not the pins that are the problem. As a high power shooter I can tell you that this is currently rated as the best buy in an AR two stage trigger. E-mail him at; [email][email protected][/email] before he heads down to Fla. for the big match down there, i think it's at the end of this month.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if this makes a difference, but the trigger in question is on my AR10.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top