Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 1:58:15 PM EDT
Hi there, I have been lurking around the forums for a bit and just finally joined.  I have always been a big bird hunter and handgun enthusiast, but recently got into the world of AR's.  My father and I have collected a few before the whole election went down.  

Anyways, my question is what is the best thing to add to your AR first?  I have a Remington R15 CS and have only added a bipod and a pretty decent scope to it.  Should I look into any internal upgrades right off the bat?  I have only shot it one day but I was incredibly impressed with the firearm and the way it performer.  I plan to mainly use this gun for Target shooting, and possibly down the road some predator hunting.

Any suggestions? Thanks much for the read!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I would shoot it as is.

IIRC from playing with them, the R15s have a decent stock trigger.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hi there, I have been lurking around the forums for a bit and just finally joined.  I have always been a big bird hunter and handgun enthusiast, but recently got into the world of AR's.  My father and I have collected a few before the whole election went down.  

Anyways, my question is what is the best thing to add to your AR first?  I have a Remington R15 CS and have only added a bipod and a pretty decent scope to it.  Should I look into any internal upgrades right off the bat?  I have only shot it one day but I was incredibly impressed with the firearm and the way it performer.  I plan to mainly use this gun for Target shooting, and possibly down the road some predator hunting.

Any suggestions? Thanks much for the read!

That's for you to decide. No one knows what's best for you & your gun.

Forgot to add:

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for replies!  I look forward to learning tons from these forums!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't like the stock trigger on my Bushmaster so I replaced it with a single stage Timney trigger.  I like the lighter pull (3.5#) and skeletonized trigger.  That is the only change I did internally for my AR-15.  A tactical sling would be nice and lots of magazines and ammo.  Have fun and be safe.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top