Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 11/22/2012 4:12:44 PM EST
I am down to two ar's and wanted feedback... Here are the options I have...

(1) Lewis Machine and Tool Comp Defender CQ. vs (2) Rock River Arms Elite Operator 2

My use would include shooting paper and an occasional predator at the farm. I am a shot gun and pistol guy and am just starting off in the ar world. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:55:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By ShootinTheBull:
I am down to two ar's and wanted feedback... Here are the options I have...

(1) Lewis Machine and Tool Comp Defender CQ. vs (2) Rock River Arms Elite Operator 2

My use would include shooting paper and an occasional predator at the farm. I am a shot gun and pistol guy and am just starting off in the ar world. Any helpful comments would be greatly appreciated... Thank you!

Are these the weapons your referring to?:

LMT

RRA

If they are the ones your referring to, I've gotta ask, how did you come down to comparing a $1050 RRA, and a $1900 LMT?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:01:51 PM EST
Good question.... They want an over/under that I am selling and when they saw it's condition, they threw the LMT at me... I was surprised but they want my trade pretty bad. Even money, I would obviously gomwith the LMT but, is that Ar made to shoot out to 150-200 yards at coyote? The 16 inch barrel concerned me? Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:08:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/22/2012 5:08:53 PM EST by BiggEZ]
Originally Posted By ShootinTheBull:
Good question.... They want an over/under that I am selling and when they saw it's condition, they threw the LMT at me... I was surprised but they want my trade pretty bad. Even money, I would obviously gomwith the LMT but, is that Ar made to shoot out to 150-200 yards at coyote? The 16 inch barrel concerned me? Any thoughts?

For that, I'd say you'd be plenty fine with either one. I think it's going to come down more to how much time you put in becoming proficient with the weapon system. Could always tell them you want the RRA and 2000+- rounds of ammo as well.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:13:08 PM EST
That is a great idea... Thanks for your thoughts. I become obsessed with each firearm I buy so I'm confident that I will get the proficiency. I was just concerned that if I bought either and then heard someone say I was an idiot for thinking that platform was the way to go... being a rookie, I wanted to check.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:19:57 PM EST
Well by no means am I an expert sir, just my opinions. I'm sure a few more people will chime in at some point. My biggest concern is that your wanting to compare a gun with one almost double in price. You have a whole spectrum in between the two to think about as well. Just about every AR manufacturer you can list off makes a weapon that would fall into your price range.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:35:56 AM EST
You essentially asking is to help you decide between a Honda and a Mercedes Benz.

Get the lmt.

Your gonna have more room for asking for things like ammo and mags with the RRA, but the lmt is a hell of a rifle to start with. Just think of ammo and mags as a separate investment.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:23:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dannofree:
You essentially asking is to help you decide between a Honda and a Mercedes Benz.

Get the lmt.

Your gonna have more room for asking for things like ammo and mags with the RRA, but the lmt is a hell of a rifle to start with. Just think of ammo and mags as a separate investment.

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:32:04 PM EST
Thanks folks... I bought the LMT and had a blast with it today! I was worried about a 150 shot... I have a lot of technique work to do but, I was on paper at 150 out of the box with a bore sighted Leupold AR Scope. Now I get to goof around and learn about this firearm...

Thanks for the responses... Case closed!
Top Top