Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 8:08:22 PM EDT
hi everyone i am new to the forums and to guns in general, im looking into getting a AR but i need to know the law about them in california if anyone can give me a quick rundown on cali law an assault rifles it would really help
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, welcome aboard!

Second, try this site, it might be a good start.  I'm sure some CA people will chime in with their .02 cents, which should be helpfull too.

[url]http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/regagunfaqs.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
First move
Second read alot before you purchase
you have come to a good starting place for knoledge
welcome [newbie]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the board, as others have already mentioned read up on the laws in your state.
Living in California is going to leave you few choices as far as owning an AR is concerned, so be sure you know what is legal before running afoul of those Orwellian laws.
Better yet move to Arizona, and be free again!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 4:08:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Move the fuck out of Californistan.

[slap]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#5]
thnx for the info guys ill check those places out, im sure ill be posting almost daily with new questions so i hope u can keep helpin me with info
thnx again
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the site, sorry about the nose pickers.

For Kali, we can only build using the [url=gogogadgets.net]FAB 10[/url] lower receiver. But, its design allows us to add any of the "evil" features; flash suppressors, telescoping stocks,ect.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#7]
hey thnx for that link to the fab 10 site thats what i was lookin for. im curiuous as to why this receiver is cali legal and others are not, also any other companies make cali legal receivers?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#8]
By definition "assault weapons" have a detachable magazine.The FAB's are legal because they have a fixed internal, 10rd, magazine.
No detachable mag= not an assault weapon= no assault weapon restrictions.

and [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=159037]California lowers- an update[/url]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#9]
interesting, so right of the bat i know that a detachable mag. is no good for cali. how does the internal mag work out for u guys who use them, it seems like it alot harder to reload with the internal that it is with a detachable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#10]
You would be loading with stripper clips, which people did for a long time.  Its not as quick as a mag change, but it can still be pretty quick.  If I were stuck in CA, I would pick up an SKS or 2.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#11]
SKS huh?, interesting. these would be legal in california? i will look into them, if u know a place that can educate me on sks type rifles that would be great
of course my first choice would be an AR but i dont really like the internal mag deal but i will research both and see what i can come up with
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top