Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/5/2003 9:46:37 AM EDT
I just got a knights RAS and really like it but, the bottom panel is a little loose and slides back and forth about a 1/4 inch. I've tried replacing it with one of the side panels but it is still loose on the bottom. the side panels are always tight and snug. It's just the bottom rail panel that does this.

Are they any tricks that the RAS owners have for addressing this minor problem?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to the bottom rail or the ribbed panel that covers the rail?  It's normal for there to be some play side to side in the bottom rail on the M-4 RAS due to the way it mounts to the receiver.  Other than that the ribbed covers should be fairly tight.

Ray
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
My bottom rail fits pretty snuggly but the bottom rail cover fits a litte loose on the rail. I've tried swapping rail covers but which ever rail cover is on the bottom still slips about a 1/4 inch if pushed hard enough, it not as tight fitting as the side rail covers do
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried putting the cover on the rail from both ends?  If so and it's still loose you might have a damaged rail.  Is your RAS new or used?

Ray
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top