Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/2/2006 6:36:02 PM EST
I have learned alot from this site, so first of all thank you. I have been looking at the Bushmaster, rock river, and DPMS. Still cannot decide on just one. I have about $1300 to spend and I also want to by a EOTECH too, and I want a quad rail for later add ons.
Second question is I live in NC and know that I need a permit for a handgun but not a rifle or shotgun, But what about a AR-15 as long as the barrel is 16 inches or longer. Do i need a federal permit? I would be thankful for all the help that I could get.
And if there are any owners in Eastern NC that could suggest a good place to buy that would be great.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:39:57 PM EST
I just bought an XM15E2S and it is considered a long gun and you don't need a permit for it. I can't answer your eastern question though...I am allllllll the way across the state from you.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:40:18 PM EST
1. Welcome
2. No. No such thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:07:54 PM EST
first off, Welcome to the site!

a 16in bushmaster/RRA carbine (5.56 chamber, chrome lined bbl, and A3 upper) will fit the bill + enough for the EOtech (if you look hard enough--i got mine for $250 NIB)+ lots of mags and ammo+ 2 piece YHM quad rail

dont know anything about NC gun laws; never heard of a federal permit

good luck
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:34:04 PM EST
An AR 15 is a rifle. An instant backgroung check is all that is required. Why would you ask that question regarding the AR 15? It is a semi-auto rifle not some special funky weapon. NC sells semi-auto rifles with no interest in what type it is unless it is over larger than a .50.
Top Top