Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 6:45:21 PM EST
im coming from the darkside to build an AR..one quick question, is there a specific name for the type of AR with the humongous 12-14 inch rail on it..
.becuase i think thats the style i am going to try and make..and what are some names of rail companies that are reliable
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:45:56 PM EST
thanks by the way for any responses

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:57:15 PM EST
If you're talking about 16" barrels with 12" free float rails on them, I don't think there's any specific name for them. They just give you more real estate to add lights or grips or a further hand hold to them. As far as specific manufactures, Daniel Defense, Larue, KAC and Troy are probably the top makers of them. The DD lite rails are the lightest AFAIK.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:59:52 PM EST
Recce rifle
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:00:39 PM EST
thank you very very much!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:16:21 PM EST
For rails, also check Midwest Industries and Yankee Hill Machine, both are great quality and good prices.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:18:07 PM EST
Also Larue makes damn good rails.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:29:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By JonLSU:
Also Larue makes damn good rails.

And damn expensive ones. :)

Depending on price range...MIdwest/YHM for mid level...Larue/Daniel Defense/Knight's Armament will put you high dollar. Any of which will do you fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:23:09 PM EST

here's my new one (sorry for shitty pic) it's a 16inch larue stealth upper w/a 13,2 in. handguard. I just love how it looks, but it is a little heavy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 8:44:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:
Recce rifle

are you sure, i was talking to my, "ar bud" about it and we wern't sure. Unfortunately, there are no pics i can find, plz help.
Top Top