Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2003 1:15:49 PM EDT
First let me start by thanking every one for this site.  I'v learned a ton from reading all the posts here and it gave me the confidence to build my own AR.
    I just went to my local gun shop today and ordered my self a RRA striped lower and A4 upper.  Next week after i get paid I want to order the rest of my gun but theres still a few things not sure of.  Most of the gun I'm going to use RRA parts for, I just got the stripped lower so i know the gun that much better and I can say I built it.  
    Heres what im looking at, the RRA enhanced bolt carrier and bolt assy, RRA NM 2 stage trigger with the lower parts kit, chargeing handle, delta ring kit, along with a gas tube form ADCO.  The Barrel I think Im going to use is CMMG's 16" M4 1/7 chromed barrel, it doesnt say on the site but I need the CAR length gas tube for that right?  The stock im going to go with an ACE skeleton stock kit also form CMMG.  
    As far as tools go I'v looked around and the bushmaster site to have good deals and good tools, heres my list.  THe Armorors action block, fireing pin gauge, headspace gauges, and a heavy duty armorers wrench. Am I missing besidees the handguard remover?  I'v also looked at those plastic pin punches from ADCO, i was wondering if those are worth getting or are standard punches fine?  
   The Last thing i havent desided on is the hand guard.  You can get a M4 style for like $20, which I may end up doing for the time being but if i can I'd like to get someing free floating.  I was looking at the C-more hand guards but those seem expensive, are they worth it?  Any others I should take a look at?
    Thanks in advance to any responces.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
For tools you might take a look at Brownells, in my experience a good place to do business with, very quick shipping.

[url]http://www.brownells.com[/url]

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top