Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:03:29 PM EDT
I have developed a new recoil system for an AR-15 pistol. It has a maximum over all length, outside of the lower receiver of 2-3/8". Is there any intrest amongst other AR-15 pistol shooters for this system? It functions 100 % reliably. Its in the protoype stages now, I would expect to have a finished product in a month or two. I would have to set up production of some parts and modifications to others.

The purchased system would include;

1- Modified bolt carrier

1- recoil spring

1- Modified buffer tube

I have no idead the retail price. I started this project because I didnt like that gaudy car length buffer tube sticking out in the middle of nowhere. If there is enough intrest I will start production. I will allso get video and photos as soon as I am able.

Please let me know what you think.

PS. I have not had tthe oportunity to try this system fullauto. As Michigan has just recently become a TRANSFERABLE state anyone with an M-16-A1 who would volunter a registered lower , that lives in Michigan, for a couple tests, well you get the idea.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
12 reads and no responces. Not looking good for new recoil system.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Based on the description it sounds like the short tube on a Bushy Carbon 15...  

Most people seem to be wary of using the cut carriers.  My reason would be that it's a PITA to take down the gun for cleaning since you can't just pop the pin and open it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
You can buy the parts from Bushmaster for the short pistol buffer system right now.

Not trying to rain on your parade.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, I wasnt awair of the Bushmaster pistol tube.  Thanks a bunch for the input.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top