Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:49:23 AM EDT
Just wanted to say hello...

My best friend finally talked me into getting an AR. Saw the DPMS I am holding in the picture for the right price and took it home. Fired 110 rounds so far and it has been flawless.

Time to buy some extra stuff for it now ;)

img425.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newm49hf.jpg

E
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pic and welcome.      
I got to get out and shoot!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the madness the site.

That rifle of yours is gonna make your wallet positively levitate.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I know. I am already looking for a scope and other "accessories" :)
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome. Congratulations, it certainly won't be your last. I bought my first and "only Ar" in Feb 05, I bought one more and built one by the end of the year. Now that I found out piston uppers are available with standard plastic handguards instead of rails.....Well I'll be buying another shortly.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Before you buy a scope you should figure out if you would really like a flat top instead of the A1 upper you have.  (Meaning youi need to buy another dedicated upper for the scope. )

Welcome to the madness!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to Black Rifle Disease Anonymous.  My name is yekimak and I have BRD.  This is our 12 step program.

We admitted we were powerless without Black Rifles--that our lives had become more manageable with them in our lives.

Came to believe that a Black Rifle could restore us, protect us, and keep us free.

Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, John Moses Browning, Eugene Stoner, And Mikhail Kalashnikov as we understood them.

Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves and wish to increase our inventory of Guns, Ammunition, and Accessories.

Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being (over the internet) the exact nature of our BRD.

Were entirely ready to have someone help us remove all the defects of FTF, FTE, ETC.

Humbly asked the local gunstore to make a special order.

Made a list of all persons whom need to be armed and teach them all to be riflemen/shooters.

Made direct efforts to not cause our wallets to smoke, deflate, empty, except when such times as there is a group buy or a really really good deal on the EE.

Continued to take personal inventory of our arms and ammunition and when we were wrong, such as buying USA Magazines, promptly admitted it.

Sought through Practice research to improve our marksmanship, and our safe gun handling skills, while constantly increasing our knowledge.

Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to the ignorant, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

(Best I could do on one cup of coffee.  I am sure that it could be done a little better.)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:15:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the site, Enjoy your new DPMS great weapon
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:27:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:33:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Welcome.

Max
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:43:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome Aboard!!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Welcome
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to the AR15
Now you can buy uppers of different barrel size wich is why they RULE!

The only thing I added to my A1 Shorty was a ML2 and thats ONLY Because Im 40 years old and my eyes arent the same!

AVOID all the add ons !!  Maybe a Verticle Grip and a Eotech/ML2 only

Buy lots of ammo First and zero at 50yards

I like USGI 20 round mags myself  but 30 rd mags are good all so!

I bought 7 of each.

I got to handle the DPMS and FIT and Finish was outstanding Solid as a rock fit
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top