Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2005 2:10:22 PM EDT
Hey all, Been lurking for a while and soaking up the knowledge. I just wanted to question DPMS's quality. I am going to be a new AR15 owner and decided to go with DPMS. Do they manufacture quality guns? What type of problems should I be aware of (if any)?  Any help or info would be appreciated!

Thanx again guys!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have owned DPMS and I think they make a great quality firearm. I will go ahead and say this before someone comes along and bites your head off.... At least check the first few pages of posts before you ask a question like this. There are several threads asking about DPMS that should be in the first two or three pages.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I apologize for not doing the "search thing".  If anyone has anything to add tho, it would be great!!!

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
THE SEARCH FUNCTION IS YOUR FRIEND!

i have had better

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I mentioned it before you got really bitched at!!! Some people do not like DPMS and some do. Its just a matter of opinion, or personal experience. I have owned several DPMS rifles and there fit and finsh rivals most of the others I have held. The last DPMS rifle I held looked much better than a comparable Bushmaster rifle.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
some people have their personal preferrences

there is no hating on one just for his opinions. but if you ask i will express mine what you take from it is your decision
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wanted to find out what the general consensus was. Attempted a search and came up with a total of 5 threads involving DPMS in which only 1 was the quality of DPMS talked about ( would be a thread that spooky11 replied too).

Thanx for the heads up there spooky and thanx for the opinions (all of which will be taken into consideration!)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I own 2 of them (along with a bushy and colt) and have never had any problems.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I suggest that you read THIS before you spend your hard-earned cash.

What are your mission requirements?  Plinking or life/death?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I own a DPMS along with Bushmaster, RRA and Olympic.

Never an issue with my DPMS carbine. I'm very happy with it
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I trust DPMS with my life................nuff said

P.S. .......... I dont trust any "factory" to build my rifle, so I buy parts and assemble myself and it is very cheap that way.........
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Aubrey: Mainly just plinking (Life/Death if it would ever come to that!)

Glad to see I am hearing a little of both sides! I am going to settle for the DPMS (i've taken chances before  hat
Wish me luck in my adventure! I am sure i'll have lots of questions when it arrives!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I suggest that you read THIS before you spend your hard-earned cash.[/quote]

I just finished reading this 2 year old thread and the discrepancies on the DPMS were inconsequential. Bear in mind, the quality of the DPMS line of ARs has dramaticly improved since that thread started. As I have written a few times on the quality of my DPMS Panther Carbine, I find them right on par with the likes of RRA, BM, and Colt. As a matter of fact, I would buy another DPMS or an RRA before I ever bought a BM or Colt. For the money, I get more bang for the buck and a quality AR to boot.

Here's what I have: DPMS Panther Carbine (RFA2-PCAR)

www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=RFA2-PCAR

Accessories:
A.R.M.S.® #51 CV A1A2 S.I.R.® System
EOTech Holographic Weapon Sight -Model 512A65
Streamlight® “Scorpion” Tactical Light
Fobus Tactical Light Mount
SpecterGear® M.O.U.T. Single Point Sling (Black)
GG&G Sling Adapter
VLTOR Carbine/collapsible Modstock - Model# ACK-2S (Black)
Wilson Combat Tactical Latch
Hogue Grip
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#13]
www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=RFA2-AP4A

This would be the one I have ordered (Placed the order about 1/2 an hour ago!).  Can't wait till it arrives!  
Thanx for the opinions guys!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]
DPMS makes a very good product.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Love mine,no problems out of it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=RFA2-AP4A

This would be the one I have ordered (Placed the order about 1/2 an hour ago!).  Can't wait till it arrives!  
Thanx for the opinions guys!

I am in the process of making a choice for my next AR and that is one of my choices. I decided that I wanted the M4 style barrel and the removable carrying handle with the flat-top upper receiver. This is what I have planned for it:

A.R.M.S.® #50 CV Bi-Level S.I.R.® System
A.R.M.S. #40L SP Rear flip up sight with same plane aperture system
GG&G Tactical Modular Flip Up Front Sight
GG&G M16/AR15 Receiver End Plate Sling Adapter- Ambi Looped Version
Surefire Millennium M900A Vertical Foregrip WeaponLight
Magpul Modular Stock System M93B Carbine Stock
Trijicon TA31RCO ACOG 4x32 Scope with BAC USMC Rifle Combat Optic (RCO) for M4 (16")

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I have used two DPMS lowers on both of my builds; one a M4gry and the other a 20". The CMT uppers fit nice and snug. I have had no issues with either of the receivers. My friend bought a complete upper and has had no problems with his rifle either.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top