Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:35:12 AM EST
Hello AR fans of the world!

So here's what I got. I've got a Colt AR-15, fixed stock. I was trying to take out the buffer assembly and the recoil spring, though when I did it seems that the little nub that holds it in it's correct place came back up and wedged itself into the buffer assembly. I can only see about an inch of it, I haven't found my tape measurer so I can't be certain. But it will not for the life of it go backward or forward. So my AR is pretty useless at the moment. Does anyone know what I can do here?

Thanks much in advance.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:04:08 AM EST
Cock hammer (hope you're not dyslexic). Depress pin (your nub) with small screwdriver, it's spring loaded. Out comes buffer, also spring loaded. You can also just yank on the buffer but that may bend your nub.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:53:58 AM EST
This is starting to worry me now. I can't get to the tip of the nub thing with a screwdriver, because it's imbedded into the buffer assembly.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:25:33 AM EST
Remove stock and unscrew buffer tube. It will be under some spring pressure and as will the thingy so watch where stuff flies. Remove buffer spring ass out. Remove buffer. Inspect buffer, lower receiver threads, and thingy for damage. Reassemble - thingy is captured by buffer tube when it is screwed back in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:49:17 PM EST
When removing the buffer, you first cock the hammer to allow the buffer to ride over the top,

then push the buffer retainer pin down to allow the front of the buffer to ride past the pin. Now the trick to getting the buffer past the second step in the buffer is to rotate the buffer to get the pin to one of the flat spots on the second edge to allow it to walk past.
Top Top