Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/1/2005 4:15:42 PM EDT
First off let me say that this sight is truly a great sight with a lot of good info. Everybody really seams to be squared away when it comes to the "Black Rifle".

My question is, what so you all think about RRA? I want your opinions good or bad. I went to our local monthly gun show here in San Antonio and I am looking at piecing together an M-4 with mostly RRA parts like a complete upper w/ Blot/Carrier 499.00 and a stripped lower 120.00 with a stag lower parts kit 65.00 and a stag 6 position colapsable stock 89.00. And for the rear sight a A.R.M.S. flip up rear sight 110.00. I am not going to buy these parts unless he works with me on the price.

Keep in mind that this would be my first build, but I am not new to the AR. Building an AR does not scare me so that is not a problem because if I run into trouble then I have a good friend that works at a military gun shop that can help. I am worried about getting taken on the price or winding up with something that is junk. What do you all think? Any opinions?hug.gif
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:56:43 PM EDT
sounds OK at first glance, purefun

RRA is good stuff, and the pricing sounds about right, but I'd use a bit of caution here

Is it the configuration you want?

16"er? 20"er?

A2 or A3 (flat top is preferred - the A3 and cost a bit more than A2)

The other parts will work well, but again be sure you have a final goal figured out first, as you will spend more than necessary if you have to swap out later because of poor choices now

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your soon-to-be AR!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:58:37 PM EDT
RRA makes good stuff. However, add up your parts cost excluding the sight, and you may be able to find a complete rifle in that price range. Check out the SEBR deal on the AR15 homepage.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:49:55 PM EDT
RRA is good stuff. I use their lowers for all my builds (honestly, I would probably use stag if they didn't have that stupid deer head), and two of my builds have RRA upper. Truely top notch craftsmanship. $89 seems a bit high for the stock though. I got my RRA 6-pos. collapsable stock from eaglefirearms last year for $74 shipped.

+1 on checking out the SEBR if you want an M4gery.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:25:22 PM EDT
Thanks for all the replys. The upper is a 16" flat top chrome-moly. I basically want a paper puncher with the capability to shoot maybe some rabbits or coyotes, other than that it will be a paper puncher/ home defense. I think that prices are a bit high but after some research on this site and linking to www.AR15Dealer.com I think that the price of all the parts that I want compared to a complete AR plus shipping and handling and paying to have it shipped to an FFL dealer with all the fees that go along with that they come about to about the same give or take 10.00-40.00. Thaks again for the replys.hug.gif
Top Top