Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 8:54:44 AM EDT
First, I am totally new to the AR-15 area. Since my government has decided that I have a right (Oh, I always had that right, somebody just forgot to tell the Feinsteins of the world) to own an unneutered AR-15, I decided I need one. Rather than trying to build something out of parts, I thought I would just go and buy a complete one. My question is there a reputable dealer in the Pittsburgh or surrounding area that specializes or at least has a good representation in stock of the AR-15. I'm leaning towards either a Bushmaster or a RRA. Colt and their political correctness turns me off. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

-=BDD=-
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#1]
PA denfense consultants are good guys to work with and Markyl police supply is on the north side and they allways have busmasters in for around 900 give or take

www.padefense.com
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know of any dealers in that area, but ADCO Firearms is a great online dealer. RRA is the way to go. The upper/lower fit will be a little tight, but will wear in nicely. I would highly recommend getting the barrel chrome lined.  Other nice features that RRA has over Bushmaster include the Hogue rubber grips (can't store things in them, but I love this grip) and star safety selector (I think it is easier to use). Not to mention the build quality, everything is tight and unlike bushy their coating is always black, none of this purple hue.  All my friends, some who own or have owned ARs, think that my RRA is just a little bit better in every area.  I would recommend the Entry Tactical no ban model.

Questions? Ask away.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got Bushmasters and RRA's.

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

All the bushmasters have chromelined bores & chambers, only some of the RRAs do.  It's a desireable feature.

The RRA upper/lower fit is a bit tighter, but that doesn't matter for accuracy or reliablity anyway.  It's a perception thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#4]

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Very true. Both are great guns. I just prefer RRA because they come with the features I like and I just order chrome.

The RRA upper/lower fit is a bit tighter, but that doesn't matter for accuracy or reliablity anyway. It's a perception thing.

Yes, it is mostly perception. A RRA just feels like a little more time was spent making sure everything fit just right.

I have been looking at one of Bushmasters .308s though...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot to mention that RRA comes with a great two stage NM trigger.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top