Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 2:32:41 PM EDT
i just got this upper put together in time to wring it out at the Rocky Mountain 3-Gun in Raton, NM next week....

specs:
Cavalry Arms MKII Lower
Cavalry Arms A3 Upper
Cavalry Arms MidLength Barrel (chrome-lined, 1x9)
PRI Rifle-Length FF Tube (Duracoated by Steve Allred @ Action Magic)
YHM A1 Buis
Trijicon ACOG TA31F
JP Enterprises Bennie Cooley Comp/Brake
PRI Big Latch

i originally intended to put my TA11F on this upper, and will when i get it back from Trijicon.  the comp on this barrel is really obnoxious (especially at the indoor range where i zeroed it!), so i might swap it back out for a CavComp (this build is designed specifically for 3gun so a flash hider is kind of a non-issue).
also have a Larue QD ACOG mount on the way (won't make it before the match though).
i'm really happy with the PRI tube and will probably get another one in the future...i like the ability to add and remove rails and still have a smooth surface to grab on to.  

i hope i'm not becoming too much of a "gamer"......
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont like Cav Arms but...  Damn!  You made that one look good!   Nice choice on a Brake.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
my coworkers call that brake "the loudener"....

i guess the Cav lowers aren't for everyone but i've had great luck with the 8-10 that i've owned!!!
the one above is a custom serial number i had done when they first went to the MKII lowers and introduced Coyote Brown (the first company to make Coyote furniture, ya know!):

sn# Ol' Dirty xx

!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice..  Didn't  know that about the  SN#  I hope other makes start doing that.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top