Red is still pending per availability.

Florida Build:

Spike’s Tactical ST-15 5.56mm
DPMS lpk
Bravo Company Upper
BCM Charging Handle
Tango Down BattleGrip (Foliage Green)
Magpul MOE Handguard (Foliage Green)
Magpul MOE Carbine Stock (Foliage Green)
Magpul Pmag (Foliage Green)

Sabre 16” M4 Carbine Barrel Assy 1/7 twist, M4 feedramps
BCM/LMT/CMT BCG
LaRue BUIS
LaRue Tactical Snap Sling

The plan is a fairly lightweight KISS rifle for general purpose/SHTF/Hurricane.

Any comments, criticisms?
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had bad luck with DPMS LPKs.  Rough triggers, mag catches that were so covered in burrs they wouldn't fit inside the slot without filing, bolt catches so full of holes I had to figure out which one I wanted to put the roll pin through.
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 4:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
My DPMS lpk was flawless and has been great. I will say that the trigger is a bit heavy, but my understanding from others is that is pretty universal with lpks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:50:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok just my 2 cents.

I like DPMS but the RRA LPK's are better (IMO) and cheaper.
I would get the Magpul MBus instead of the Larue only because you said you wanted lighter. I have a couple sets and love them.
I would also suggest the Gear Sector sling mount but that is a personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:42:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had a couple really rough DPMS LPK's, Set Screw installation and Shorter Grip Screw can do wonders at taking out the slack and smoothing the trigger pull. Cost ??? <$2.00.
I've broken 3 DPMS Hammer Pins too. Sounds like someone got in a big hurry to get Kits out, That's FU.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
No problems what so ever with DPMS parts kits.

Got 3 more in the bubble packs waiting to be put into my Mega lowers.......
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top