Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/7/2005 5:27:19 PM EDT
I've got a 19" HBAR with brake. I would like to remove the brake. It is 2" and very loud.

Now I can either just buy a new barrel (prolly govt profile 20") or I can just take it somewhere and see If I can get the brake removed.

Which would you do?


Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:46:21 PM EDT
Drill out the end of the brake it made mine cosiderably less painful to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:10:03 PM EDT
Make and model?
I have dremeled an AK brake off a bushmater woithout damageing the barrel. Post exactly what kind of setup you have and I'm sure someone can tell you what to do. The search funtion relly helped me out when I shaved mine off. If you don't want to do it yourself, there are plenty of smiths here that can do it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:57:38 AM EDT
I can't tell you the make of it. It was used and the gun was built on a RRA lower.

It's one of those brakes with holes in it.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:14:24 PM EDT
Send it toKurt's, for under $100 shipping included you can have your pic of  several types. Don't trust some yocal who will screw up your finish & possibly the barrel crown also. Then you WILL have to buy a barrel. Remember, cheaper is not the best solution. If cheap were the solution WalMart would sell AR15's.

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:06:01 PM EDT
Can you post a pic?
Top Top