Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/4/2006 2:17:28 PM EST
I have a 20" HBAR Bushmaster A3 upper, post ban. I have figured out 20" is too long for me and want to go with a 16", preferably a lightweight 16" like a Bushmaster superlight or maybe a govt profile. My question is should I just change the barrel or buy a whole upper and sell my upper. The upper I have now is fine and what I want (A3), except for the barrel length and weight. Would it be worth my time and money to change out the barrel or should I just get an upper in the setup I want?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:25:44 PM EST
put an add in the EE, you may find someone to trade you straight across. or at least sell the whole upper and just get the one you want.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:38:15 PM EST
That is what I was leaning towards, just checking to see if a barrel swap would be better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:53:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/4/2006 3:53:19 PM EST by The_Accuser]
I just had the same situation, sell my 20" upper and get a 16" or just change the barrel. I ended up sending the upper to ADCO firearms and had Steve change out the barrel to a 16" stainless steel CAR barrel with a free float rail. Now it is lighter and I can fire the heavier grain ammo, couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:32:24 PM EST
if you have the tools to change it yourself then change the bbl.

the cost of the tools could make it cheaper to just replace the upper unless you plan on building more in the future which you probably will so there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:42 PM EST
Does ADCO take trade in for his stuff?hinking.gif
Top Top