Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/30/2003 9:49:16 PM EDT
Got my 512 on Monday thanks to the prompt service of the fine folks at CMMG Inc.

Zeroed on Tuesday at Carter's Country.  I am now in awe of my carbine.

I love my Bushie M4gery, but it has been impossible for me to be TRULY accurate with the ghost ring sights.  I was totally underwhelmed with my ability to group shots with first the A2 sights and then the ARMS #40 (I had KKF slap on an A3 upper while he was installing my A3 Tacbrake).  It used to be a good trip if I could keep all my shots within the 8 ring at 100 yds.  So, I saved money and kept on reading here to help me decide what optics platform I would use.

Looking through both the Aimpoint and EoTech impressed me, but I believed the HWS reticle would be capable of more accuracy due to the 1MOA dot, and I preferred the low-profile look of the EoTech.  I finally let SMGLee and others convince me (indirectly) to give it a try.  I am very glad I did.  I decided on the AA version for the ease of getting batteries, even though it has to sit a bit more rearward than I'd like.  I was able to shoot so much faster and more accurately that I was utterly stunned, it was like shooting a whole new rifle.  Anyone still opposed to red-dot optics has no idea what they are missing.  The AR series did not truly come into its own until optics like these arrived on the scene, I just don't know how I got along without this thing before.  My vote for the EoTech is definitely cast for the forseeable future.

Now to save up for a decent flashlight to replace the Streamlight Scorpion attached to my Fobus M33s (which will fall to an RAS shortly after that).
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I took a tactical carbine course recently and was the only one there out of 25 or so rifles with an EOtech.  Tried some other optics there and they seemed primitive by comparison.  It rained on the last day and with raindrops all over the screen and a good soaking, no problems with using the EOtech.  Other guys were running for dryness and having to go to their BUIS because of diffraction, multiple dots, or just plain failures.  

EOtechs are just the only way to go for CQB environments.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome aboard. So easy, it's not even fair, eh? [:D]

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top